How you can help
Our Volunteers and Community members, aged 18-81, make the difference and you can too!
Our organisation is run by dedicated and talented team of Volunteers and Community members. With their loyalty and commitment the centre has developed into a thriving ‘home from home’, a friendly, warm and welcoming environment. Our trips are incredibly popular but without Volunteers they simply could not happen.
We are also proud to host several students on Health and Social Care placements each year, gaining valuable experience.
The benefits of volunteering
Each Volunteer/Student receives Free Training in Safeguarding, Food Hygiene, Fire Safety and Health & Safety alongside Team Building initiatives, respite and valuable experience within the Care Industry and are encouraged to attend regular reviews/meetings and lead on their own initiatives.
Positive Individual outputs include: Pride, confidence, sense of belonging, community spirit and enhanced skills, developing your employment prospects!
WE NEED YOU…
Gain a sense of purpose
Utilise your skills and knowledge to benefit others.
Boost your confidence
Meet new people and help build your community.
Advance you career by learning new skills.
To find out more about volunteering, please call Paulette Suban on 07960 477876.
With more money, we could:
- Continue to bring communities together reducing isolation and embracing companionship.
- Aim for a 20% increase in ‘Meals-on-Wheels’ provision, ensuring the vulnerable are eating healthily.
- Encourage ‘a sense of belonging’ within the community.
- Offer Pre-Primary care assessment taking pressure off the NHS.
- Encourage a much smoother transition back into the community after someone has experienced a long hospital stay.
- Provide Health Awareness information.
- Link vulnerable people into the digital world with our Cape Re-stimulate U project where individuals can access platforms independently on Zoom social meet ups.
- Expand our Youth Club to reduce social isolation and provide exercise and mental stimulation .
- Continue to see an increase in access, connect and meet the general ‘well-being’ needs of our Beneficiaries, Families, Groups, Volunteers and local Community.
- Ensure NO-ONE feels ALONE!!!
Will provide a hot meal for two Community Members.
Will provide materials for an exciting craft session.
Will send one Community Member on a day trip.
‘I thoroughly enjoy the Centre, seeing my friends and love the meals”
“Love the Trips” – “Black Country Museum and Trentham Gardens my favourite.
“I have not been to the seaside in over 30 years”!! Thank you!
“I realised that I was diabetic through the health session and was able to get a referral”.
“Enjoy the Exercise – it’s fun- I feel my legs and arms are more stronger”.